4 Person Relay
Not ready to run a marathon but want to be in on the fun?
The 4 person relay is on Sunday when the Big Dogs are runnin’.
Put together a 4-person relay team! We have a leg for every runner.
Leg One – The Baylor Loop
Flat and fast from downtown Waco through Baylor across the river to the fabulous McLane Stadium and back along the river again. Go Bears! (Just over 5 miles)
Leg Two – The Heart of Waco
Downtown through historic Austin Avenue to the Half. (Just over 8 miles with a slight incline)
Leg Three – Rolling on the Lake
Through the hills of Ridgewood Country Club, follows Lake Waco then out on the Dam (About 7 miles)
Leg Four – Cameron Park: The Jewel of Waco
Starting at the 20-mile rest stop at Lake Shore Drive & 19th, the QUADZILLA of your group will climb the hills of MCC and Cameron Park. (About 6 miles)
- Have fun!
- Please review the course map and note the locations of the relay points: http://www.usatf.org/events/courses/maps/showMap.asp?courseID=TX15002LAB
- 1st relay point – mile 5.5 when you leave Indian Springs Park and turn on Washington (in front of the convention center main door)
- 2nd relay point – mile 13.1 at Fishpond and Ridgewood
- 3rd relay point –College and Cameron Park Drive (by MCC)
Marathon Relay Awards
Participants for each leg of the Relay receive a special “medal” that reflects the challenge of that leg!
Leg 1 features a “Baylor Bear”
Leg 2 features the “Boot Representing the Heart of Waco”
Leg 3 features “Rolling on the Lake”
Leg 4 features the “Jewel of Waco”
All Members of Your Relay Team Receive the Participant T-Shirt, the Goodie Bag, but Most Importantly the Fun and Memories of Hangin’ With Your Friends and Crossing that Suspension Bridge Together!
First, second, and third place awards will be distributed for the following categories:
All Male Team
All Female Team
Mixed Team (that means co-ed genders, not breeds)
First Responder Team
Marathon Route with descriptions - USATF Course Certification - Color Map with Route and Turns shown
MMM Directions - Turn by Turn
MM Marathon: Start by going going east on University Parks Drive to I-35 (against traffic, north lane)
- Turn right (south) on Baylor Ave.
- Turn left (east) on S 1st St.
- Turn left (north) onto Bagby Ave.
- Turn left (west) onto S University Parks Drive
- Turn right (north) into entrance of Mayborn Museum Complex.
- Turn left (southwest) at main campus entrance road toward Jesse H Jones library.
- Follow road along left side of museum, passing through Grant Teaff plaza, following route over walking bridge towards McLane Stadium.
- Turn left (west) on sidewalk , and continue around the stadium, and continue to follow the sidewalk around the marina.
- Turn left (south) to cross over the walk bridge and take the first left past the bridge to get on the Riverwalk.
- Turn left (west) onto Riverwalk.
- Continue following Riverwalk until you reach the ramp just before Washington Ave.
- Follow the ramp back up to street level and turn right (west) onto University Parks drive
- Turn left (south) onto Washington Ave.
- Turn left (east) onto S 3rd St.
- Turn right (south) onto Austin Ave.
- Turn right (west) onto Castle Ave.
- Turn right (west) onto Carondelet Blvd.
- Carondelet turns into Herwol Ave at sharp left turn.
- Turn right (west) when Herwol intersects 38th street.
- Continue across Waco Dr along 38th street until Colcord Ave.
- Turn left (west) onto Colcord Ave.
- Turn left (west) on 36th Street. Continue in left (south) lane facing traffic. This road becomes 34th street.
- Turn left (south) at Colcord Ave.
- Cross New Rd and continue behind Waco High School (west) onto N 44th St..
- Turn left (south) onto Cobbs Dr.
- Turn right (west) into parking lot immediately before Starr Dr. (Turning right at Starr Dr. instead shouldn’t affect the distance of the course dramatically, but the official measurement passes through the parking lot to Wilford Dr.)
- The parking lot forces runners to the left (south) onto Wilford Dr. Continue on Wilford.
- Turn right (west) onto Lake Air Dr. from Wilford Dr.
- Turn left (south) immediately onto Live Oak Avenue.
- Turn left (east) onto N 52nd St.
- Turn right (south) onto Bishop Dr.
- When Bishop Dr. intersects N Valley Mills Dr, continue straight through intersection onto Hilltop Dr.
- Turn right (west) onto Fish Pond Rd. (relay exchange and 13.1 mile mark)
- Turn right onto Westover
- Turn right (north) onto Ridgewood Dr.
- Ridgewood Drive eventually returns to Valley Mills Dr/Lake Shore Dr. Turn left (north) onto Lake Shore Drive (runners will proceed in the left (west) lane, facing traffic. This road continues for several miles.
- Turn left onto Lake Waco dam (sidewalk) entrance. Runners should stay to their left while running on dam (incoming—along wall. Outgoing—along grass)
- Continue on dam for approximately 0.1 to turnaround. Yes that’s just to down the hill and right back up...)
- Exit the dam through the open gate and make a left (north) turn back onto Lake Shore Drive.
- From Lake Shore Dr, turn right (south) onto College Dr. (entrance to MCC).
- Take the FIRST left onto Cameron towards baseball fields and river stage.
- Go Up the most awesome hill EVER. At top of hill, turn right.
- Hate me and continue up hill. Follow road all the way to College
- Left on college and left on Highlander - uphill again!!!
- Get to the top of that hill and Turn right on McLennan Dr.
- Turn left(south) onto Highland.
- Turn right (west) onto Powell Dr.
- Turn left (south) onto Mockingbird Ln. Enjoy the hills., love the speed humps...
- Turn left (east) onto Meridian Ave.
- Turn left onto Lovers Leap Rd heading into beautiful Cameron Park.
- Right onto Cameron park -continue on CP all the way to Redwood Shelter
- Optional: eat a jalapeno and climb Jacob's Ladder - go left onto Sturgis back to Cameron Park Dr.
- Cross the bridge that spans the creek, and turn left on University Parks Dr. at the intersection
- After passing beneath the Herring St. bridge, turn right at the crosswalk to proceed up the sidewalk to Herring
- Continue on the sidewalk, across the bridge, and stay on the sidewalk along Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. (to your right)
- Turn left on the sidewalk that travels up to the suspension bridge
- The finish line is a few feet past the end of the Suspension Bridge.
Days to 2020 Miracle Match Marathon