Two Person Relay
Not ready to run a marathon but want to be in on the fun?
The 2 person relay is on Sunday when the Big Dogs are runnin’.
Put together a 2-person relay team! We have a leg for every runner.
- Have fun!
- Please review the course map and note the locations of the relay points: http://www.usatf.org/events/courses/maps/showMap.asp?courseID=TX15002LAB
- IMPORTANT! FOLLOW THE HALF MARATHON ROUTE, not the 10K. There is plenty of signage as well as volunteers to help coordinate, but you will have to read and pay attention. We try to keep it easy – we mark the course split locations like crazy, yell at you and even color coordinate your bibs. Relay locations will have a large flag banner – can’t miss it!
- If you are running leg 2, hill train. Too late? Oops!
- Each runner on your team will get one bib with your team number on it that is to be worn in the front and one bib that just says “relay” that is to be worn on the back. All of the numbered bibs have a disposable timing strip – this way you can all get a spoil and haze your slowest teammate.
- Rules say – you do have to make some sort of physical contact with your team mate at the relay point. What kind of contact is up to you – we will not ask questions.
- We do have a nursing home van to shuttle runners to and from the relay point (now that is funny!) BUT unless you are good to wait for the shuttle to make the 13.1 mile round trip (there is just one), then you should consider driving to the exchange points. There is plenty of parking. We even threw in a portapotty.
- Did we mention “Have Fun!” and see you at the bridge.
Participants for each leg of the Relay receive a special “medal” that reflects the challenge of that leg!
All Members of Your Relay Team Receive the Participant T-Shirt, the Goodie Bag, but Most Importantly the Fun and Memories of Hangin’ With Your Friends and Crossing that Suspension Bridge Together!
First, second, and third place awards will be distributed for the following categories:
All Male Team
All Female Team
Mixed Team (that means co-ed genders, not breeds)
First Responder Team
The Relay Route is the same as the half marathon and will be posted soon.
Days to 2020 Miracle Match Marathon