The CauseBe the Match
That’s right folks, we bust our butts to bring you a great race then give all the money away.
On race weekends, we have many people join the National Marrow Donor Registry and put their names on a list to help save the lives of patients searching for a match. If you are between the ages of 18-44 and missed the chance and still want to be a part of this live saving mission, go to Join.marrow.org/save1life. All it takes is a cheek swab to join and make a difference.
Here’s everything you need to know about marrow and stem cell donation and the Be the Match Registry:
- Joining the Registry is simple – All it takes is a cheek swab and some paperwork. We will provide you with ample opportunity to do this during your stay in Waco.
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 44.
- Members of every race and ethnic background are needed.
- 70% of people do not find a donor in their family.
- 80% of donations are made in a non-surgical outpatient procedure much like giving blood.
- There is never any cost to you.
If you are unable to join the Registry you can still help by making a donation to the Be the Match Foundation, becoming a Volunteer and spreading the word about this unique chance to save a life.