The CauseBe the Match
100% of the proceeds from the Miracle Match Marathon go to support Be the Match in Central Texas, operated by the National Marrow Donor Program, to help people who need lifesaving marrow and stem cell transplants.
That’s right folks, we bust our butts to bring you a great race then give all the money away.
On race weekends, we have many people join the National Marrow Donor Registry and put their names on a list to help save the lives of patients searching for a match. If you are between the ages of 18-44 and missed the chance and still want to be a part of this live saving mission, go to Join.marrow.org/save1life. All it takes is a cheek swab to join and make a difference.
Here’s everything you need to know about marrow and stem cell donation and the Be the Match Registry:
- Joining the Registry is simple – All it takes is a cheek swab and some paperwork. We will provide you with ample opportunity to do this during your stay in Waco.
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 44.
- Members of every race and ethnic background are needed.
- 70% of people do not find a donor in their family.
- 80% of donations are made in a non-surgical outpatient procedure much like giving blood.
- There is never any cost to you.
If you are unable to join the Registry you can still help by making a donation to the Be the Match Foundation, becoming a Volunteer and spreading the word about this unique chance to save a life.